Ellensburg School District: Communication Study Results: FINALESDCommReport
Ellensburg School District Handbills handed out throughout community: Black ESD Handbills
Background: Ellensburg School District (ESD) approached Central Communication Agency (CCA) to help discover and provide recommendations for their perceived communication problems. The ESD and CCA started their partnership in September of 2013. The first step was holding focus groups to gage public perception of what people felt about the district. Because of low attendance numbers, the need for a community-wide survey was identified and implemented, starting January of 2014.
Recommendations from Central Communication Agency:
- District should communicate bi-weekly to families and community.
- Create and distribute an electronic Enewsletter on the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month to create consistency in communication. A supplemental paper copy can be available in the district office.
- Maintain relationship with Central Communication Agency to conduct a digital communication audit (website and social media) and analysis of successful district websites.
- Hire an intern to collect stories about the district and work with the local media to educate the public on current happenings within the district.
- Work with local media to establish a reoccurring column as a guest contributor.